Sweet, spiced, and simple Vegan Chai Muffins! Perfect fluffy texture inside, golden crusty tops, and lots of cozy flavor. Easy to make and easier to devour!
Chai Spice Mix:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup (120g) non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp loose chai tea or 1 tea bag
- 3/4 cup (180g) plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 cup (75g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (330g) almond flour*
- 1/2 cup (60g) tapioca starch (can sub with cornstarch or arrowroot)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chai spice mix (above)
Chai Spice Sugar Mixture (for topping)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp chai spice mix (above)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
- Boil the non-dairy milk. Steep with the chai tea, then strain or remove tea bag.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the non-dairy yogurt, coconut sugar, chai tea milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and spice. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add wet to dry and mix.
- Spoon batter into a muffin pan (greased or lined with paper liners), filling each 3/4 of the way. You will get between 9 and 12 muffins depending on your pan. Smooth the tops.
- Top each with a sprinkling of the spice/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and the centers are firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container. They will stay fresh longest in the fridge.
*I don’t recommend subbing any other flours in this recipe, but if you are looking for a chai recipe with oat flour try THIS one instead.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, baking, easy, snack, fall, breakfast, spice, oil free