Easy oat cookie crust, healthy date caramel filling, silky chocolate ganache on top–this Date Caramel Slice is 3 layers of sweet vegan decadence!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats (or chopped nuts, hemp seeds, rolled oats)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
Date Caramel Layer
- 1 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. It should be a sticky, clumpy dough.
- Press into a baking dish (approx. 8×5″) lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Allow the crust to cool while you make the caramel layer.
- Melt the cashew butter. Combine the cashew butter, date paste, and vanilla. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Spread on top of the crust. Freeze.
- In a bowl, combine the chocolate chips and non-dairy milk. Melt in the microwave or on the stove using a double boiler. Stir until smooth.
- Pour/dollop the chocolate on top of the caramel. Carefully spread to the edges of the pan to completely cover the caramel.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer a few minutes before slicing and eating.