- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps blueberry puree *see note
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- PURPLE SPRINKLES
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- A handful of slightly defrosted frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Stir together the cacao powder, coconut sugar, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the blueberry puree and vanilla. Whisk until everything is combined and no lumps of cacao remain.
- Spread evenly into a 6 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350F.
- Let the cake cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan. It is very delicate when warm, so to be sure it comes out cleanly, you can chill the cake first.
- FOR THE SPRINKLES: Toss the coconut with the blueberries until the color transfers.
- Top the cake with sprinkles and optional nicecream/whipped cream/ice cream.
- Serve warm or cold, it’s delicious both ways!
*Whole berries decrease by about 1/2 when pureed, so to make the 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps I used about 1 1/4 cup frozen blueberries that I defrosted.