Ultra soft Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies with irresistible sweet-spiced flavor, moist chewy texture, and just crispy edges. A perfect paleo holiday cookie!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil**
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cassava flour***
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsps ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Whisk together almond butter, flax egg, coconut sugar, molasses, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Add flour, spices, baking soda, and salt and mix to combine.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Scoop about 2-3 tbsp of dough per cookie and arrange on a lined baking sheet leaving plenty of room between them for spread (6 per pan is best).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Eat! Keep leftovers in an airtight container (they will stay fresh longest in the fridge) of freezer for longer storage.
*These cookies have a pretty strong molasses flavor, so if you don’t love molasses swap some or all with maple syrup.
**You can sub with applesauce, but the cookies will not spread as well and not have those delicious crispy edges.
***You can sub with all purpose flour if not gluten-free, or all purpose gluten-free flour if not paleo.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: holiday, baking, healthy, cinnamon, chewy, grain free, cassava, egg free