With a soft fluffy gluten-free texture and sweet Medjool date cinnamon ribbon throughout, this vegan cinnamon swirl loaf is the best easy cozy baking recipe!
- 2 cups (248g) gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup (38g) almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (65g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (80g) dairy-free yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup (160g) agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup (240g) almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Medjool Date Cinnamon Swirl
- 10–12 (200g) Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup (120g) water
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (56g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line an 8 x 4″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Measure out the almond milk, stir in the apple cider vinegar, and set aside for at least five minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, coconut oil, agave, vanilla, and almond milk mixture until combined (if the oil is staying on top, you can also blend this step to fully emulsify).
- Add wet to dry, and mix to combine into a thick batter.
- In a food processor, blend the pitted Medjool Dates to coarsely chop.
- Add the water and oil, process again to form a paste.
- Add the almond flour and cinnamon, process again to form a thicker paste.
- Layer 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Top with a thick layer of the cinnamon date paste. Cover with the remaining batter, smoothing the top.
- Top with cinnamon sugar (2 tbsp coarse sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon) before baking if desired.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then use the parchment paper to move to a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.
Keywords: gluten free, fall, spice, loaf, cake, dessert, snack, healthy, dairy free