- 2 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 small ripe bananas (or 1 1/2 large)
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar (*see note)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp water
- FOR THE CAKE: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend the banana, non-dairy milk, sugar, lime juice, and lime zest in a blender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix.
- Pour into a 9×5″ loaf pan lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled. Fill it 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F until the edges are starting to brown and the center bounces back when touched.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool completely.
- FOR THE GLAZE: In a dry blender, blend the sugar on high to create homemade powdered sugar. Here’s a great tutorial.
- In a bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and the lime juice together. Add the water 1 teaspoon at a time to achieve desired thickness.
- Once the cake is cool, pour on the glaze, top with lime zest, slice, and share! Or if you want the glaze to harden, refrigerate before slicing.