Easy, moist, and so fluffy! This Banana Tahini Muffin recipe makes for a sweet snack or add frosting for a healthy dessert. Vegan, gluten-free and paleo!
- 2–3 overripe bananas (~250g)
- 1/2 cup (125g) tahini (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup (105g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) cassava flour
- 3 tbsp (23g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Optional: vegan frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the almond milk and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Blend bananas, coconut sugar, almond milk + vinegar mixture, tahini, and vanilla.
- Add blended mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Fold in chopped nuts.
- Scoop into a lined or greased muffin pan, filling each 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Frost if desired, and eat!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 261mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy, snack, frosted, dessert, fluffy, grain free, cassava, gluten free, dessert, moist, easy