The yummiest Vegan Paleo Blueberry Muffins made with coconut sugar or dates, almond flour, and lots of juicy purple berries. Easy healthy snacking!
- 12 pitted medjool dates 180g
- 1 cup (220g) water
- 1/4 cup (70g) nut/seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca starch (can sub arrowroot or cornstarch)
- 2 cups (220g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (70g) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir/whisk until combined and lump free.
- Or for the date-sweteend version, blend the dates, water, nut/seed butter, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the tapioca starch, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir/blend to mix.
- Gently fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Divide the batter into a muffin pan (paper liners or sprayed with oil) filling each muffin until it is level with the top of the pan. You will get approximately 6 muffins. Gently smooth the tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F or until golden brown and firm to the touch when you lightly press the center.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8
Keywords: baking, snack, dessert, paleo, vegan