Fluffy, golden, Vegan Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes with sweet raspberry frosting and a soft delicate crumb you’d never guess is egg and grain free!
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) cassava flour
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour*
- 1/3 cup (80g) cane sugar or coconut sugar**
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (105g) maple syrup or agave
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Stir the apple cider vinegar into the almond milk and set aside.
- Whisk together the cassava flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt until lump free.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup or agave, cane sugar, milk mixture, coconut oil, and vanilla (all at room temp or warmer).
- Add wet to dry, and mix to combine.
- Scoop into a cupcake pan (either grease or use paper liners) filling each almost to the top. You will get 6-8 depending on your pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350ºF until golden brown on top and they spring back when you lightly press the center.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, grind the freeze dried raspberries to a powder. Drain the cashews, and blend with the maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt on high until very smooth. Add the raspberry powder one spoonful at a time to achieve desired color. Chill to thicken.
- Frost cooled cupcakes, and eat!
*You can swap it with 1/4 cup more cassava flour, but the coconut flour gives the cupcakes a much more defined crumb.
**Either will taste delicious, the cane sugar will preserve the lighter vanilla color.
***Or be lazy, buy vegan frosting, and just add the berry powder.
****Other freeze dried berries would be fine too, or you can use natural food coloring.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 259mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, grain free, birthday, vanilla, easy, healthy, cassava, cake, paleo, raspberry, frosting, cashew