The BEST dairy-free pistachio ice cream – ultra creamy, just vegan 6 ingredients, easy to make in the blender, ice cream maker, or Ninja Creami!
- 1 cups (130g) raw pistachios, shells removed
- 2 13.5oz cans heavy coconut cream*
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/8 tsp spirulina or 1/4 tsp matcha powder for color
- Shake the coconut cream cans and pour the entire contents into a medium saucepan.
- Add pistachios, maple syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. It will thicken slightly and the pistachios will soften.
- Remove from heat, add the extracts, cool 10 minutes.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight. The next day, blend the cubes with a splash of coconut cream until creamy. If you don’t have a blender with a tamper, I recommend using a food processor and stopping to scrape down the sides often. You will have a soft-serve consistency at this point.
- Transfer to a loaf pan, freeze 30-60 minutes until it is scoop-able but not frozen solid. Then scoop and serve.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer, covered. To serve from fully frozen, thaw 30-45 minutes until soft enough to scoop.
*If you are using full-fat coconut MILK vs CREAM, chill one can overnight and use just the solid part plus the entire can (liquid + solid) of the other
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, blender, ninja creami, soft serve, vitamix, easy, dessert, summer, frozen