Easy, fluffy, one-bowl vegan pumpkin waffles with maple syrup and lots of cozy spices for a yummy grain-free breakfast!
- 1/2 cup (120g) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (65g) runny nut/seed butter (I like tahini or almond butter)
- 3 tbsp (38g) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) almond milk
- 2 tbsp (20g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) coconut flour
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together pumpkin, nut/seed butter, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix until smooth (it will be quite thick).
- Scoop the batter onto the iron. Close and cook to desired doneness. Repeat until all batter is used (about 4-6 waffles depending on your waffle iron). They are quite soft when hot and crisp after cooling a few minutes, so be gentle when removing from the waffle iron.
- Serve with fruit, whipped cream, chopped pecans, maple syrup, etc.
Keywords: gluten free, breakfast, brunch, fall, spice, maple syrup, fluffy, crispy, pancakes, paleo, coconut flour