Flourless fudgy vegan shamrock brownies coated in dark chocolate with festive matcha frosting, the perfect St Patty’s chocolate treat!
- 1 cup (~200g) Natural Delights Medjool Dates
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can coconut cream*
- 1–2 tsps matcha powder
- 1–2 tbsp agave or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Pit the Natural Delights Medjool Dates and blend with almond milk, almond butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the remaining brownie ingredients.
- Spread into a greased/lined pan (mine was 9×6″) and bake for 23-25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then freeze for 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut into shamrocks (or any shape you like!)
- For the frosting, combine all ingredients and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy and creamy. Adjust color and sweetness as desired. Chill until right before using to keep it as thick as possible.
- Frost cooled brownies OR dip/coat in melted dark chocolate first, then frost.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
*Chilled overnight or longer. Makes sure you are using coconut CREAM not milk.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 179mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: gluten free, grain free, paleo, st patricks day, easy, healthy, chocolate, fudge, flourless, frosting, coconut cream, green, matcha