This Vegan Zucchini Cake is a summery snack or dessert with the moist fluffy gluten-free combo of oat and almond flour plus a creamy lemon frosting!
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) almond milk
- 1/3 cup (105g) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 (240g) cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) almond flour
- 1 cup (100g) shredded zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Almond milk to blend
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the flax eggs and set aside to gel.
- Place the shredded zucchini on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Whisk together the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, salt, and spices until no lumps remain. Add to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in shredded zucchini.
- Transfer batter to a greased cake pan (mine was 9×9″ square).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, drain the cashews and blend everything except the milk. Add milk slowly as necessary to achieve a super creamy thick frosting. Chill to thicken.
- Frost, top with chopped nuts and maybe a drizzle of caramel, slice, and eat!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: gluten free, summer, baking, frosting, cashews, oat flour, almond flour, healthy, dessert, bread