A cozy spin on everyone’s favorite addictive cereal snack! This Chai Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow is coated in white chocolate, SunButter, coarse sugar, and ALL the warm fall spices. Vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free!
Chai Spice Mix*
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips with the SunButter, vanilla extract, and coconut oil for 1 minute on high to melt. Stir until smooth.
- Pour cereal into a a large bowl, add the SunButter mixture, and mix until the cereal pieces are evenly coated.
- Stir together the spice mixture and the sugar. Add to the cereal mixture, and mix to evenly coat.
- Spread out on a large baking sheet lined with wax paper (more spread out = less big clumps).
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Break apart and enjoy. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
*I find this to be a perfect amount of spice, but I am someone who LOVES warm spices. If you don’t want as strong of a chai flavor, only use 2/3 of this mixture.
**You could absolutely make this with semi-sweet or dark chocolate too, chocolate and chai are delicious together imo!
***It will make it easier to mix/coat the cereal but not essential. If you are towards the end of the jar of SunButter so it’s a bit thicker, I do recommend adding the oil.
Keywords: gluten free, easy, snack, cereal, halloween, fall, muddy buddies, white chocolate, cinnamon, dairy free