- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsps tapioca flour
- 2 tbsps cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- Ice Cream
- 3–4 frozen bananans
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Muffins: preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients except the frozen blueberries. Stir to combine.
- Divide into 6-8 lined or lightly oiled muffin tins.
- Add 4-5 blueberries on top of each muffin and press them in. (Adding the blueberries on top keeps the batter from turning purple which looks really ugly with the chocolate.)
- Bake for 25 mins at 350F. Let them cool, then slice in half with a serrated knife.
- Ice Cream: Blend the bananas and blueberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Working quickly, spoon the ice cream onto the bottom half of each muffin, smush down with the top of the muffin, and (optionally) coat the sides with chocolate chips. You can use the muffin pan to build them in too.
- Freeze immediately for 30 mins. Enjoy!