Chocolate Fig Snack Bars! Chewy fruit-sweetened base, puffed millet plus a mix of healthy seeds, semi-sweet chocolate on top – hello new favorite no-bake snack!
- Soak the dried figs in warm water for 30 minutes to soften. Drain and pat dry.
- Blend the figs and almond butter in a blender of food processor to form a sticky paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the puffed millet, seeds, salt, and cinnamon. Stir.
- Add the fig paste and mix.
- Press into a pan lined with parchment paper (I used an 8×4″ glass dish), and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate chips. You can add 1 tbsp coconut oil for easier spreading.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the bars and smooth evenly.
- Chill for at least two hours until firm.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 7-10 days.
*You can substitute other kinds of puffed grains or crispy rice cereal.
**Use any mix of nuts or seeds you like, just be sure the total comes to 1 1/4 cup.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
Keywords: snack, no-bake, granola, breakfast, easy, vegan, gluten-free, chocolate