Monkey bread and brownie collide in this sticky sweet loaf of Chocolate Monkey Bread without sugar or grains for a healthier-than-it-looks fudgy dessert feast!
- 1 cup medjool dates ((about 12))
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup cacao powder ((or cocoa powder))
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar ((or lemon juice))
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup cacao powder ((or cocoa powder))
- 2/3 cup water
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a blender, combine the dates and non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the dough. Blend until thoroughly combined stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Roll into small balls (1″ diameter or so).
- Rinse the blender. Blend the ingredients for the coating until smooth.
- Dip each ball of dough into the coating mixture and use a spoon to cover with a thin layer. Transfer to a loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper or lightly greased.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for at least 15 minutes. Spoon out or pull apart to serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: baking, chocolate, paleo, vegan, dessert