Moist, fluffy, made for one! This vegan chocolate mug cake is the best quick dessert, ideal with ice cream on top. Oven and microwave method!
- 1/4 cup (37g) gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp (10g) cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp (20g) coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp (60g) almond milk
- 2 tbsp (32g) Chocolate SunButter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15g) dark chocolate chips
- In a large mug or ramekin, whisk together flour cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add almond milk, Chocolate SunButter, and vanilla.
- Mix to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1:30 to 2 minutes OR bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes at 350ºF until the top bounces back when lightly pressed (*see notes)
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, top with ice cream, whipped cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar. And eat!
Personally I prefer the oven method! It turns out more moist and fluffy this way, so if you have time bake it. If you do microwave, watch it carefully to make sure it doesn’t overflow the mug. If it turns out too chewy from the microwave method, its overcooked.
- Serving Size: 1 mugcake
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 370mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: gluten free, oil-free, healthy, dessert, easy, quick, fudgy, brownie, fluffy, dairy free, chocolate chip, nut free