Crunchy grain-free chocolate granola made with nuts, seeds, molasses, and coconut oil (or nut butter). Easy vegan, gluten-free, and paleo snacking!
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts (or nuts of choice)
- 1/2 cup (60g) hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup (60g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (35g) flax seeds
- 1/4 cup (40g) chia seeds
- 1 cup (45g) coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (20g) coconut oil OR nut/seed butter
- 1/4 cup (80g) molasses OR liquid sweetener of choice
- Combine the nuts, seeds, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and cacao powder. Stir to evenly coat.
- Add the molasses and coconut oil or nut/seed butter. Mix until evenly coated and clumpy (hands work best, especially if using the nut/seed butter)
- Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes at 325F. Stir, then bake for an addition 5-8 minutes watching the edges carefully to avoid burning. For big clusters, cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Or cook in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 10-15 minutes stirring frequently. It should look dry when it’s done. Cool in the pan or spread out on a plate/pan to allow clusters to form.
- Enjoy by the handful, with milk, on top of yogurt/smoothies/ice cream, etc.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. I like it best chilled!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: gluten-free, paleo, snack, vegan, chocolate, easy