Sweet jammy blueberries plus cinnamon oatmeal streusel combine in the yummiest Blueberry Crumble Bars. Vegan, gluten-free, date-sweetened!
- 10–12 (~225g) Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (110g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) cassava flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (140g) date paste
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 3 cups (420g) fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup (70g) date paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (+ a little zest)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp tapioca starch (or arrowroot/cornstarch)
- Blend the date paste ingredients until very smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together almond flour, cassava flour, oats, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and salt.
- Add date paste, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix until sticky and clumpy.
- Line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper. Press 2/3 of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan, and set aside.
- Combine the blueberry filling ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the berries are warmed and plump, transfer to a blender and pulse very briefly to slightly puree but leaving some whole berries.
- Return to the saucepan, continue cooking and stirring until it starts to bubble. Remove from the heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Pour the berry mixture on top of the crust, crumble the remaining crumble mixture evenly on top pressing in slightly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool completely before slicing (or scoop for more of a crumble, less of a bar experience…still delicious!)
Keywords: gluten free, oatmeal, healthy, summer, easy, sugar free, dates, streusel, pie