With 2 kinds of oats, crispy rice, and coconut flakes this Oil-Free Chocolate Coconut Granola is the ultimate crunchy, cluster-packed sweet snack or cereal!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- ½ cup steel cut oats*
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- Optional: pinch of salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the rolled oats, steel cut oats, rice cereal, cacao/cocoa powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir briefly to combine.
- Add the maple syrup. Mix to evenly coat.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press into a solid rectangle.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375F.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before breaking apart for the most clusters.
- Transfer to an airtight jar. It will keep for 1-2 weeks.
You could alternatively use buckwheat, seeds, nuts, or just more rolled oats instead of the steel cut oats.