This Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake is like banana bread but lighter, filled with nutty peanut flavor and a salted caramel peanut butter glaze on top!
- 3 medium bananas (250g)*
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (125g) peanut butter
- 1 cup (240g) nondairy milk
- 2 cups (250g) oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (165g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1/4 cup (60g) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (40g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare flax eggs and set aside to gel for 5-10 minutes.
- Mash or blend the bananas.
- Mix together the banana, flax eggs, coconut sugar, peanut butter, and nondairy milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to eliminate any clumps.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix to form a batter.
- Pour into a bundt pan** (mine was 10 cup but 8-cup would be fine too) that has been generously sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for 10 minutes. Flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. If it’s too thick, microwave for 5-10 seconds.
- Spoon glaze onto cooled cake, and sprinkle with chopped roasted peanuts.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
*About 1 cup after mashing. You can either mash with a fork, or blend to a puree if you don’t want any chunks.
**If you don’t have a bundt pan, cupcakes/muffins would be the best alternative. They will bake for slightly less time (about 30-35 minutes). You could try baking it in a regular cake pan, but I don’t recommend a loaf pan for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, banana, cake, bread, dessert, glaze, caramel, snack, healthy