Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes! Rich fluffy dark chocolate cupcakes infused with coffee and candy cane flavor. Vegan, grain-free, date-sweetened!
- 1 cup (200g) pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup brewed coffee (make it strong!)
- 1/2 cup (125g) SunButter (I used the Organic)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract*
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 batch vegan chocolate frosting with 1 tsp peppermint extract added**
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Blend the dates with coffee, apple cider vinegar, and peppermint extract (or oil) until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in SunButter.
- Add the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk/stir until combined.
- Scoop into a cupcake pan, filling each to the top (you should get 7-8 cupcakes depending on your pan).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350ºF until they bounce back when lightly pressed in the center.
- Cool completely (even overnight) before frosting.
- Frost, garnish, and eat!
*Or a few drops peppermint essential oil if you prefer
**For a date-sweetened frosting, try THIS recipe instead.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 41g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: gluten free, grain free, coconut flour, fluffy, moist, holiday, christmas, dates, egg free, paleo, dairy free