Dark chocolate cupcakes baked with swirls of pumpkin spice cheesecake and chocolate chips. Vegan grain-free fall (or Halloween!) decadence!
Vegan Grain-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) Chocolate SunButter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (128g) cassava flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Pumpkin cream cheese
- 4oz vegan cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60g) canned pumpkin
- 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12 cupcake pan with paper liners (or spray with nonstick spray).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk maple syrup, coconut sugar almond milk, Chocolate SunButter, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the remaining cupcake ingredients and whisk until combined with minimal lumps.
- Divide this batter between the 12 cupcakes, filling each about halfway. Use the back of a spoon to make a subtle depression in the middle of each.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, coconut sugar, vanilla, pumpkin, and arrowroot.
- Drop a spoonful of the pumpkin mixture into each cupcake, and use the back of a spoon or a chopstick to slightly swirl with the chocolate batter.
- Top each with a handful of chocolate chips, pressing in gently.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm, or chill (I personally like them better cold!)
Keywords: gluten free, cassava, chocolate, grain free, paleo, fall, pumpkin spice, halloween, easy, healthy, cheesecake