Your favorite fall pie meets gooey cookie goodness in these Pumpkin Pie Magic Cookie Bars with pecan crust, spiced filling, and lots of chocolate chips!
- 1 1/2 cup pecans ((or any nut will work))
- 6–8 pitted Medjool dates
Pumpkin Pie Layer
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 8–10 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- For the crust, combine the pecans and Medjool dates in a food processor or blender. Process until it forms a sticky crumbly mixture.
- Press into the bottom of a baking dish (I used this 8×5″ glass dish) lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a high speed blender, combine the pumpkin, Medjool dates, non-dairy milk, arrowroot, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add an extra 1 tbsp milk if necessary to get it to blend.
- Pour on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle a generous layer each of coconut, chopped pecans, and chocolate chips. Gently smush into the pumpkin layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F or until the top is starting to brown and the center does not jiggle.
- Cool, then chill overnight.
- The following day, slice into squares and enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to a week.