This Purple Sweet Potato Ice Cream is a dazzlingly delicious vegan and paleo dessert made in the blender with almond milk so it’s easy and healthy too!
- 2 cups purple sweet potato ((baked and mashed))
- 2 cups non-dairy milk ((almond milk used))
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend on high until creamy and smooth with no chunks.
- Pour into a shallow dish or ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- The following day, remove from the freezer for 5 minutes to thaw. Then break into chunks.
- Re-blend the chunks in a high speed blender or food processor until thick and creamy like soft-serve. You will need to use the tamper or stop and scrape down the sides frequently.
- Serve immediately. Or spread into a shallow dish and re-freeze for 30-60 minutes until scoop-able.