A girl scout classic but homemade and healthier! Samoa Cookie Bars with a date caramel coconut filling and dark chocolate drizzle. Vegan and paleo!
- 1/3 cup (65g) coconut oil*
- 2 tbsp (40g) maple syrup
- 1 cup (120g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
Caramel Coconut Layer
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together all the cookie ingredients.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Alternatively you can roll/cut or press into individual cookies.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (a little less for cookies, try 11-12) at 350ºF until golden brown. Cool.
- Combine the soaked and drained dates, almond butter, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Process slowly adding water as needed until you have a thick smooth paste.
- Pulse in the toasted coconut.
- Spread on top of the cookie base. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Melt the Hu Gems.
- Slice the bars into 8-12 squares (depending on how big you want them).
- Dip the bottom of each in the melted chocolate. Drizzle the tops with remaining chocolate.
- Chill until set, then eat!
- Keep leftovers in the fridge.
*For an oil-free cookie base, use this recipe instead.
**I toasted mine in the oven at 350ºF for about 5 minutes, stir/toss, then 5 more minutes until golden brown. Watch it carefully, it can burn quick!
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 103mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: vegan, paleo, chocolate, Girl Scouts, baking, healthy, easy, cookies, coconut, caramel, dates