With a crispy oat cracker crust and a luscious veggie-laced lemon filling, these tasty Vegan Lemon Bars are like no citrus dessert you’ve had before!
Oat Cracker Crust*
- 1 1/2 cup Nairn’s Oat Crackers, ground ((about 18 crackers))
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Cream from a 15oz can of full-fat coconut milk ((chilled overnight))
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp turmeric ((optional for color))
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- For the crust, grind the crackers in a blender or food processor and slowly drizzle in the maple syrup until you have a sticky crumbly mixture.
- Press into an 8×8″ square pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the filling, blend all the ingredients on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of the crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375F.
- Cool then chill overnight.
- Slice into squares and enjoy! Keep in the fridge.
*Alternatively you could use this almond flour crust