- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (about 12)
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple sliced into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 4–5 pitted medjool dates
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of your cake pan. Lightly oil the sides of the pan with coconut oil.
- Arrange your apple slices in the bottom of the pan. Set it aside.
- In a blender, combine the apple juice, non-dairy milk, dates, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend till smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the wet mixture and stir until it is lump free.
- Pour the batter on top of the apple slices and gently spread it out.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350F. Check on it. If it is getting too brown but the center isn’t quite done (it should bounce back when touched), then lower the temp to 300F for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- FOR THE GLAZE: Blend the dates and apple juice on high until smooth.
- Once the cake is cool, flip it out onto a plate. Top with the glaze, slice, and devour!
- Store leftovers in the fridge (it’s really yummy cold too!)