These easy Vegan Magic Cookie Bars are twice as enchanted, made without sweetened condensed but still all the same delicious sweet layers!
Oat Crust Option
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Almond Crust Option (grain-free)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts ((I used pecans, but any will work))
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the oat crust, blend the oats on low speed to break into small pieces. Slowly pour in the maple syrup with the blender on until it clumps to form a sticky chunky texture.
- For the almond crust, combine the almond flour and maple syrup in a bowl. Mix to create a sticky and clumpy dough that holds together when pressed. Add 1 tbsp water if it seems too dry.
- Press the crust into a baking dish lined with parchment paper (mine was 8×4″). Bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, blend the bananas until smooth.
- Pour the banana puree on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut. Gently press down until the banana puree rises up covering everything.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F.
- Cool then chill overnight.
- The next day, slice and enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge.