Fluffy, moist Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes – a classic dessert but healthier, these gluten-free cupcakes made with oat flour are easy to make and irresistibly delicious!
- 1 (240g) cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup (70g) coconut oil OR 1/2 (130g) cup nut/seed butter*
- 2/3 cup (105g) coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (240g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) tapioca starch**
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
One batch cashew yogurt frosting OR see post above for more frosting options.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry, and stir until well combined.
- Divide batter into 12 cupcakes lined with paper liners or sprayed with oil. Fill each almost to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350F or until golden brown and firm when lightly pressed in the middle.
- Cool completely before frosting (I actually like to chill them overnight first).
- Frost and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in the fridge. They will last 4-5 days but dry out with time, so are best eaten within the first couple of days.
*Coconut oil gives them the best texture–moist but still light and fluffy. Nut or seed butter will make them a little more dense and muffin-like. If using a nut butter, I recommend raw cashew butter. **You can substitute with cornstarch or arrowroot, but tapioca starch yields the best texture.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake with frosting
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, cupcakes, gluten-free, birthday cake