I made it my mission to recreate black bottom cupcakes high carb low fat vegan style. I wasn’t sure if I had succeeded when I slid the pan into the oven. I wasn’t sure when I pulled it out. But after the first bite I knew they were black bottom perfect!
One bite and you will be bombarded by black-bottom-cupcake-filled memories. Unless you’ve never had a black bottom cupcake, in which case you will be bombarded by the ultimate rich chocolate experience with tons of flavors and textures in every bite.
The cakey, the gooey, the chocolatey chips, it’s all there. It’s black bottom at its fruity best.
A fruity faux cream cheese. There are a lot of vegan cream cheeses out there, but they aren’t really my jam. They can be hard to find, and many are soy based. But you know what else is white-ish and creamy?
To be honest, cream cheese of all kinds has always grossed me out, even before I knew what vegan was. The idea disturbed me more than the actual flavor. I never wanted something with the word ‘cheese’ in it anywhere near something with the word ‘chocolate’ in it. But I have no qualms about the word ‘banana’ near my chocolate desserts.
All cupcakes are delicious warm from the oven, but these cupcakes are even better cold from the fridge. Try it, you’ll see!Print
Black Bottom Banana Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 1 batch of my Everything Free Chocolate Cupcake batter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare your cupcake batter.
- Blend the bananas with the cornstarch until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line or oil your cupcake pan.
- Fill each cupcake halfway with chocolate batter.
- Make a shallow indentation in the center of each cupcake. Fill it with about 1 tablespoon of the banana chocolate chip cream. You want it to overflow some, but not completely cover all the chocolate.
- Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top just to make them pretty.
- Bake for approximately 22 minutes at 350F.
- They are good warm, but even better chilled in my opinion.
i LOVED your everything free chocolate cupcakes so I know these will be amazing! Yum!!
[email protected] says
I’m so glad you loved the cupcakes, and yes you will definitely love these then! <3 I think I might even like these better than the classic cupcakes 😮 but it's hard to pick favorites when everything is so chocolatey 😉