Ultra rich Easy Vegan Fudge Brownies chock full of chocolate, made in one bowl, and healthier than most with applesauce, oat flour, and no added sugar!
- 8oz dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (180g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (60g) oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking dish (mine was 9″x6″) with parchment paper and/or grease the sides.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside to gel.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl, stir until smooth.
- Add applesauce (room temperature), flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk/stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared dish, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F, the center should not feel squishy when they are done.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Either enjoy warm, or cool and top with one of the frostings listed above. Enjoy!
For the old version: omit the flax egg, increase applesauce to 1 cup, decrease cocoa powder to 1/4 cup
Keywords: baking, chocolate, dessert, easy, vegan, gluten-free