A Mother’s Day recipe needs to be pretty. It needs to be purple or pink with berries. It needs to be sweet. It needs to be something my mom would love and your mom would love, too. It needs a hint of classic + a fruity twist. It needs to be special, to show that you baked in the love. But it needs to be last-minute easy, too. It needs to be healthy enough for breakfast in bed, or indulgent enough for dessert after dinner.
It needs to be Fruity Frosty Raspberry Tiramisu.
This is a rough interpretation of Tiramisu, inspired by this recipe. Coffee and cream have been replaced by bananas and berries. It’s a sweet stack of raspberry-soaked vanilla cake and raspberry nicecream–my fruity version of the Italian dessert.
A bit of baked. A bit of blended. A bold pink color. A beautiful treat. Make it for your lovely mama, but make enough to steal a bite or two.
Here’s a fruity frosty video for you too! (Note: I increased the quantities from the video in the recipe below to make enough for 2 servings)Print
- 1 batch of my Everything Free Vanilla Cupcake batter
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsps liquid sweetener of choice (I used coconut nectar)
- FOR THE CAKE: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pour the cupcake batter into an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 28 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely, then slice into thin strips.
- FOR THE RASPBERRY SAUCE: Blend the fresh raspberries with the liquid sweetener on high until smooth.
- Strain to remove the seeds.
- Once the cake is cool, prepare your banana ice cream by blending the frozen bananas and raspberries.
- Set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Line a square container with plastic wrap (for easy removal).
- Fill the container with alternating layers of banana ice cream and cake strips soaked in the raspberry sauce.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Invert the container onto a plate, and gently tug at the plastic wrap to release.
- Top with the remaining sauce and fresh raspberries
Happy Mother’s Day!