I’m trying something new today. Instead of sharing a fruity recipe, I’m sharing 5 of my favorite products of the moment. Some are ingredients. Some are snacks. Some are old favorites. Some are new finds. I might even slip in something non-edible, who knows! Lots of possibilities, and lots of amazing things I want to share.
I love reading these sorts of posts–a trusty recommendation from a blogger friend is my favorite way to discover new products. So if you like this sort of post too, let me know and I might make it a regular thing.
1. Sweet, salty, saucy! I’m starting off with an old flavorful friend: Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos. You’ve probably heard of it by now, (at least I hope so) but if not you MUST try it!
There are many things that make it healthier than soy sauce/tamari: a lower sodium content, no soy, no MSG, and a higher amino acid content. But even if none of those things were true I would still choose coconut aminos over any soy sauce because the flavor is at least 27 times more delicious!
It’s slightly sweeter, not hit-you-over-the-head salty like soy sauce. And even though I have tried and enjoyed the Coconut Secret teriyaki and garlic sauces as well, the simple coconut aminos is my absolute favorite! You will find a bottle of this sweet-salty stuff on the door of my fridge at all times.
2. My newest sweet-baking bestie! If everyone would just try a taste of these little crystals, brown sugar would not exist anymore. It would be completely obliterated by the amazingness that is Big Tree Farms Vanilla Coconut Sugar, because it is SO much tastier and healthier!
I’ve muffin-made, cereal-sprinkled, and banana-coin-coated with this sweet stuff all to delicious ends. And I may or may not have eaten it straight off my my finger as well…I gotta thoroughly test this stuff out. I even made a batch of my Possibly Addictive Vanilla Date Bars substituting this for the Bee Free Honee, and it was probably the best batch I’ve ever made!
It is a perfect pouch of sweet vanilla goodness.
3. Soft chewy snacking! Yes I am including something as simple and obvious as dried apple rings, because I need to tell you about these!
I’m sure I walked by these Made in Nature Organic Dried Apples a thousand times in the grocery aisle and never thought to try them. But these snackable apples have really been filling my afternoon snacking void lately. The taste? Well they taste like apples, duh! But the texture is what I’m crazy about.
They are soft and pillowy and light and amazing! I wouldn’t go so far as to say marshmallowy, but my mind does wander in that direction when I eat them. They’re chewier though. And of course all natural made of nothing but organic apples.
Just an edible reminder that the best things are often the simplest!
4. Those little black specks. My one true flavor love: Sunfood Vanilla Bean Powder. No I haven’t tried every brand out there, but I have tried a few others and none are as sweetly potent as this. Why mess with a good thing?
I would put this in just about everything if I could, but my baking budget couldn’t handle that. I only use it when there aren’t lots of other flavors around, so it’s fantastic flavor can really shine through. I like to think of it as pantry gold. Just a whiff of the bag is absolutely heavenly!
5. Cuckoo for coconut bowls! Last on my list is a non-food favorite. You might’ve caught a glimpse of this bowl on Instagram if you follow me there, but I wanted to formally introduce you to my favorite bowl. This purple piece of bowl beauty is the Bambu Coconut Bowl. It was created out of a coconut, how cool is that!?!
It’s totally food safe. I use it for everything from rice to cereal to smoothie bowls. I’m kind of dangerous around glass and ceramic things (I broke 2 glasses in one day a few weeks ago!), so this is the perfect food vessel for me. Plus it’s super lightweight, and since the bottom is round it spins 🙂
It can’t be dishwashered, so I just clean it by hand and reuse it next meal. This way I save dishes and water. It’s pretty much the only dish I eat from…unless I make pancakes…pancakes need plates.
And if the fun factor isn’t enough, they are also formaldehyde and bleach free, crafted by a fair trade certified company, and made from materials that would otherwise go to waste. So brownie points for sustainability!
Now you tell me: what are you loving right now?