There’s been so much chatter about goals and resolutions lately that I started thinking about how I define my goal as a recipe blogger. And actually it is quite simple…
Make healthy food taste as decadent as possible. Make decadent food as healthy as possible. Use a heck of a lot of fruit in the process.
That is my mission. For now at least 🙂
If you’ve read my About page (or just looked through the recipe archives) you may know that I aim to use some form of fruit in each recipe. Well not the savory ones, but we all know those are a rare occurrence anyways. It could be anything from just a few of dates in a latte to an entire brownie made of nothing but fruit.
A few things to expect on FF in 2016…
– More videos! I’m going to try to keep cranking those out. If you aren’t subscribed to my YouTube channel yet it would mean so much to me if you would hit that red button.
– A few more nuts and seeds. I’ve been really into seeds lately, especially chia and hemp seeds, so those might be making some appearances. Nothing too nutty or overly seedy, I’m still high carb low fat. But I have yet to find the perfect HCLF base for frostings, and cupcakes can’t be naked because someone might mistake them for muffins!
– (Hopefully) more savory recipes. I’m gonna try.
– Easy recipes! I love them. You seem to love them. Whoever is doing the dishes loves them. It’s a win-win.
– And I’m sure there are other things that I haven’t even thought of yet!
One thing you are for sure going to see is Carrot Cake Rawnola because it’s right here, right now, today, in front of you, YUMMINESS!
Sweet cakey crumbles to snack or sprinkle or devour in any which way you like. Toss them on top of a bowl of something creamy (yogurt, ice cream, pudding) and it’s like carrot cake turned inside out–frosting on the bottom, cake on top.
Channel your inner fruit-loving bunny and lets make this!
- 1 cup shredded/chopped carrots (or 1 whole carrot)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 8–10 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- In a food processor or blender, blend the carrots by themselves until they are in small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until clumpy. If using a blender, you may have to shake the blender a few times if it gets stuck.
- Refrigerate. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Did you see the basic 2-ingredient Oat Rawnola? I’ve already had a few readers join me in my addiction to this stuff…