These are similar to my Chewy Cherry Vanilla Bars, but chocolate! And blueberries too!
Even though I don’t follow a 100% raw diet anymore, my favorite form of chocolate is still cacao powder. Or more specifically Navitas Naturals Cacao Powder. After adding it to my raw desserts and endless blenderfuls of frozen banana, I developed a real affinity for its mild taste. Not roasting those precious little beans makes for a less bitter flavor according to my taste buds. You can use cocoa powder in these bars too though.
Have I mentioned that I love blueberries + chocolate? Well I do…a lot.
It isn’t exactly the peak of blueberry season. Recipe ideas don’t always come to me in the proper season, but sometimes I’m anxious to make them anyways. So I’m using frozen blueberries in these chewy chocolate bars, so you can enjoy them 365 days a year. For a sippable form of the splendid blueberry-cacao combo, try this smoothie.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsps cacao or cocoa powder
- Optional: 2-3 tbsps of sugar (depending on how sweet your bananas are and how sweet you like your chocolate treats)
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries (dried would be good too!)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Puree the bananas.
- Mix together the oats, cacao powder, and banana puree in a bowl.
- Stir in the frozen blueberries.
- Press into a lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes at 350F.
- Cool and cut. Or chill even!