I live alone, and I already make a lot of food for just one person. To avoid food wastage, I like to single-serving size recipes. That’s why I’ll often make a half batch of recipes, or sometimes even a quarter batch. Unless it’s pumpkin pie; then I make a double batch. Truth be told, leftovers are alright, but freshly made is always better.
I didn’t need an entire casserole dish filled with creamy spinach-laced loveliness, but if you do than double the recipe and you’re good to go. However much you make, it will satisfy your craving for warm and savory spinach artichoke dip with a lot less fat than most recipes.
It might seem like a lot for one person, but with no fat and so many veggies you’d be crazy not to eat it all! So get your greens by scooping up every last bit.
Enjoy it as a dip with tortilla chips, rice crackers, or even homemade potato fries. Or spoon it on top of some veggies and wrap it everything up in a tortilla. Heck, it’s so healthy and veggie-packed you can just eat it with the spoon!
Makin’ it easy! I used canned artichokes and frozen spinach in this delicious dip. That’s how I always made it before I was vegan, and that makes it much quicker. I didn’t want this recipe to involve 3 pans and 27 steps. I wanted it to be quick so you can whip it up on a solo snacking whim. Just buy organic, high-quality canned artichokes and frozen spinach without additives or salt, then be grateful for the time saved. I did steam my own cauliflower, but you could even pull that from the freezer if you want.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 of a package frozen chopped spinach (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup canned artichokes
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Steam the cauliflower until tender.
- Defrost the spinach and drain off any excess liquid.
- Chop the artichokes into small pieces.
- Puree the steamed cauliflower with the nutritional yeast and garlic powder until creamy.
- In a bowl, stir the spinach and artichokes into the cauliflower puree.
- Sprinkle extra nutritional yeast on top.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high so its nice and hot.