I had leftover cupcakes. I had frozen bananas. I had a sweet craving. So this happened.
I don’t understand the birthday party tradition of cake and ice cream. I barely understand the concept of ice cream cakes. Just think about it for a minute, if the cake part wasn’t there, you would be eating ice cream with frosting…weird and ew! If you find that attractive, please explain the appeal to me, because I am bewildered. Cold and creamy + warm and creamier just doesn’t sound like a good combo in my opinion. But cake – frosting + ice cream I am a big advocate of!
It’s also a great way to solve the ever-so-common problem of extra, unwanted cupcakes. Or the issue of an overstocked freezer of bananas. #veganstrugglesPrint
- 1 Everything-Free Vanilla Cupcake
- 1 Everything-Free Chocolate Cupcake
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder (I love Sunfood Vanilla Bean Powder)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Cut both cupcakes into large chunks. Set aside.
- Blend the frozen bananas on high until smooth.
- Remove half of the banana ice cream. Stir in the vanilla powder. Place in the freezer.
- Blend the remaining nicecream again with the cacao powder.
- Layer it all in a tall glass and enjoy (additional toppings always allowed)