Golden Milk Donuts! Easy, fluffy, turmeric-infused baked donuts with just the right amount of spice and a sweet golden glaze on top. Vegan and gluten-free!
Even down here in sunny Florida it has been extra chilly this week which means sunshine in dessert form is very much welcomed. Enter: Golden Milk Donuts.
While we cannot control the weather, we can throw a bunch of good for you ingredients in a bowl with cozy spices and a little sweetness and mix/bake into perfectly fluffy rings of golden goodness. We are talking main characters like applesauce and oat flour and turmeric coconut milk, with cinnamon and ginger and cardamom and vanilla playing delicious supporting roles.
Don’t have a muffin pan? Make them into mini muffins!
Don’t like turmeric? Skip it and add extra cinnamon and ginger.
Want to make them extra wholesome and breakfast-y? Skip the glaze and enjoy their fluffiness topping free.
Want to treat yourself to the ultimate Golden Milk Donut Experience? Dip generously into sweet 3-ingredient golden glaze, sprinkle with coconut, and let them dry until the glaze is a perfect crackly compliment to the fluffy insides. You will not regret it.Print
Golden Milk Donuts. Easy, fluffy, turmeric-infused baked donuts with just the right amount of spice and a sweet golden glaze on top. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 cup (240g) Edward and Sons Native Forest Organic Turmeric Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) oat flour
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the Native Forest Organic Turmeric Coconut Milk, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Pipe into a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350ºF. Cool completely.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients, adding milk slowly to create a thick but drizzle-able glaze.
- Dip donuts into the glaze, shaking off excess. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and refrigerate until glaze is set.
*Makes for a fluffier texture, more oat flour is okay too though.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: turmeric, doughnut, oat flour, baked, healthy, dairy free, fluffy, egg free, easy, one bowl, glazed,