Mango, blueberry, and banana nicecream combined in a triple layered fruity treat, protein boost optional. And don’t forget my favorite part–the crunchy rice crispy clusters on top!
If you follow me on Instagram, then this guy might look familiar.
I posted this jar on IG a couple of weeks back with no intention of making a recipe post about it, but it’s tasty, it’s cute, it deserves a spot on the blog.
I was inspired by my friend Audrey over at Unconventional Baker who has recently been posting many of her simple but delicious nicecream jars from Instagram onto her blog. Because quite often it is the unplanned everyday creations that are my favorite.
Not to mention multiple people asked for the recipe for this one, which I attribute mostly to those rice crispy clusters. They are a delicious crunchy topping–like a little bite of rice crispy treat but made with only 2 ingredients!
So as a recipe, as inspiration, or just as a pretty picture to remind you that nicecream is amazing and you should go make some asap–here it is!
>>> Pin It <<<Print
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 frozen bananas
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder (I used Sprout Living Epic Protein)
Rice Crispy Clusters
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 2 tsps maple syrup
- Rice Crispy Clusters: Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Toss lightly to coat the cereal.
- Spread on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Press into a thin rectangle but without space between the cereal. Less space = more clusters.
- Bake for 10 mins at 350F. LET IT COOL for at least 10 minutes before breaking apart into clusters.
- Thaw the frozen mango and blueberries (I microwaved them for about 1 minute each).
- Puree each separately. Set aside.
- Blend the frozen bananas and protein powder in a high speed blender to make the nicecream.
- Layer your jar–mango, nicecream, blueberry, nicecream, clusters. Enjoy!
Blueberries and bananas doing more great work together: Banana Blueberry Ice Cream Bark
Or we can kick the blueberries right out of this nicecream party and have a big bowl of Caramelized Mango Banana Ice Cream