Sweet charcuterie with fresh berries, dreamy caramel, decadent chocolate, and sweet Mini Medjools. Party-perfect snack or dessert!
SPONSORED BY NATURAL DELIGHTS
I need you to know two things upfront: 1) I’ve never made a charcuterie board until right here and now and THIS VERY ONE. 2) making dessert charcuterie boards is my new favorite thing.
And while we’re being honest with each other, I will admit that at first I was a little intimidated by the idea. But based on this blog and my own personal predominantly sweet snacking style, really nothing could be more fitting than kicking off the charcuterie-making chapter of my life with a board full of fruit and chocolate and not a cheese cube in sight.
How To Make A (Healthier!) Dessert Charcuterie Board
Now obviously there are no rules here, and truly endless possibilities for what you can bring to the dessert charcuterie table. So use this list as more of an inspiration than a recipe. But I must say this mix of ingredients really did marry well––salty and sweet, healthy and decadent, creamy and crunchy and fresh––finger food balance at its finest.
Another beautiful balance element of this board is the mix of homemade plus a little help from my friends at Natural Delights and their new Mini Medjools! If you’ve ever had a date roll, you know they’re sweet little nuggets of fruity caramel goodness. Now imagine that but PERFECTED and in SIX FLAVORS (two of which are chocolatey…that just felt like an important fact to include).
The Sweet Finger Food Elements
We’ll get into flavor details in a minute, but first let’s break down this board:
- Fruit. I kept it simple and stuck to just berries. But grapes figs, citrus dried fruit––no rules remember.
- Tahini caramel. Easy to make and so so gooey. Swap the tahini for peanut butter or sunflower seed butter if you prefer. This salty sweet element is a delish dip for the fruit and the Mini Medjools.
- Cocoa whipped coconut cream. Have you ever added a little cocoa powder to your coconut whipped cream and smothered it on a juicy strawberry? Well you NEED to.
- Dark chocolate peanut butter cups. The extra dessert-y element of this dessert charcuterie arrangement, not essential but I do think chocolate or some kind balances out all the fruit beautifully.
- Mini Medjools. The newest snack-perfect addition to the Natural Delights family and the true star of this board. (Also very good snagged straight from the fridge every time you go in there for something else but spot them and cannot resist fyi.)
Mini Medjools Flavor Lineup
Because picking a favorite is hard, so I just have to tell you about all of them and let you decide for yourself.
- Coconut: Starting with the classic. Its simple, 2 ingredients, perfect combo.
- Sweet & Salty Almond: This one surprised me. Caramel lovers you will not be disappointed, perfect balance of crunchy/chewy too.
- Cacao Pecan: Gives me low-key turtle (the candy not the reptile) vibes and I am HERE FOR IT.
- Organic Cranberry Pistachio: Very bright and fruity, this coating might be my favorite of the whole group.
- Organic Cacao Coconut: If you liked tootsie rolls as a kid these are soooooo reminiscent to me. But just like…better, much more chocolatey!
- Organic Fruit & Nut: Very cherry forward, which I love. Of the fruity flavors I think I prefer cran/pistachio for texture contrast.
If I was forced (don’t make me!) to choose a favorite it would probably be cacao coconut. But even typing that just now I’m already like but…but…then again sweet/salty almond…
Very Amateur Tips For Arranging Your Sweet Charcuterie Board
- Start with the dips/sauces and arrange around, the little bowls are a necessary structural starting point.
- Place the more dessert elements first and use the fruits to fill in.
- Know when to stop. Once a blueberry will fall off the edge if anyone breathes on it due to over-packing, you’ve gone too far.
- Let it be imperfect. Tastes just as yummy as the perfect sweet charcuterie boards, I promise.
Sweet charcuterie with fresh berries, dreamy caramel, decadent chocolate, and sweet mini medjool date bites. Party-perfect snack or dessert!
Tahini Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1–2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cocoa Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled at least 24 hours
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
Natural Delights Mini Medjools
Mixed berries (or any other fruit you want to add)
- Whisk together caramel sauce ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Whip the solid part of the coconut cream with a hand mixer. Add cocoa powder and whip again until creamy and combined.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners. Spoon a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each and up the sides. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Place a spoonful of peanut butter in the center of each. Cover with remaining chocolate. Tap the pan to smooth out the tops. Refrigerate 30 minutes until set.
- Arrange your board: dips/sauces, Natural Delights Mini Medjools, peanut butter cups, berries, anything else you want to add!
- Serve and enjoy.
Keywords: vegan, snack, healthy, medjool dates, sweet, dessert, party, platter, caramel, chocolate, peanut butter