Vegan Pumpkin Mousse that is almost TOO easy to make and definitely too easy to eat. Just 6 ingredients and a blender and you have the dreamiest fall dessert!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY VITAMIX.
This is one of those recipes that’s almost TOO easy.
Too easy to believe it can taste so heavenly. Too easy to be trusted around with a spoon and no supervision. Too easy to not want to make more the same day you run out.
And for this ridiculous level of simplicity we have the Vitamix to thank…or blame. Because Vegan Pumpkin Mousse that tastes like a spoonful of fall and feels like eating a cloud and looks like pumpkin pie in a cup is both a blessing and an irresistibly delicious curse.
Reasons why this recipe is kind of a curse:
- You will eat at least a third of it straight out of the blender. It’s not gonna look classy. You might even forget to use a spoon. Some will judge, but I won’t…I get it.
- You will not want to make any other pumpkin desserts after this. And there’s lots of good stuff out there these days…but pumpkin fluff has your heart.
- You will find yourself stocking up on absurd quantities of coconut cream/yogurt, so pumpkin mousse is an option at any hour of the day. Sorry grocery budget.
- You will not want to share with friends/family. You maybe even be labeled a pumpkin mousse hoarder.
- You don’t have to whisk or mix anything to make it. Nope, no accidental arm workout here.
So if you like work and you hate really yummy pumpkin spice stuff and you aren’t about eating straight out of the blender, this recipe is not for you.
But if you’re sticking it out with me, let’s talk details.
The key players in this recipe are coconut yogurt or cream, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and spices. And yeah there’s a little vanilla and a pinch of salt too. My top recommendation for this pumpkin mousse is to use full fat coconut yogurt (like the Coyo brand). It turns out lighter and fluffier than coconut cream, but still ultra rich. And the tangy flavor works well with the spices and sweetness. But if you can’t find yogurt, coconut cream from a can works too. But make sure you refrigerate it overnight so you can scoop out just the thick stuff.
And since this recipe is designed with our inner lazy/hungry self in mind, we are using the Vitamix to make it and we are waiting less than 2 minutes to eat it. Combine, blend, maybe stop and stir once to get that one coconut chunk unstuck from the side of the blender, and DONE.
I used my beautiful white A3500 blender, which is my go-to blender for everything because a) it’s amazing and b) just look at that majestic creature. But other Vitamix models will work too. I do recommend using a smaller 32oz or 48oz container for this recipe, or if you don’t have one you could always double the batch.
Be careful not to over blend or it will warm up and become too thin. If it doesn’t turn out as thick and fluffy as desired, you can always add more coconut yogurt/cream or refrigerate for an hour or two to thicken. And yes it does keep well in the fridge if you want to make it ahead of time, but I recommend hiding it in the very back so you don’t accidentally eat it all.
Happy ultra easy pumpkin mousse making to you!
Vegan Pumpkin Mousse that is almost TOO easy to make and definitely too easy to eat. Just 6 ingredients and a blender, and you have the dreamiest fall dessert!
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix.
- Blend on medium-high speed until smooth, using the tamper or stopping to stir as necessary. Do not over blend or it will become too thin.
- Serve immediately or chill for 1-2 hours for a thicker texture.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chopped pecans, and a caramel drizzle. Enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan, dairy-free, paleo, easy, blender, dessert, pumpkin, pudding