The colder the recipe, the simpler the photos. I don’t have time to make it pretty, IT’S MELTING! Ice cream and milkshake photos are a time sensitive matter. You should see me running from the kitchen to the camera like a mad woman! My dog grabs her toy thinking we must be playing a game with all this running. Well Iced Carob Lattes are no different…but SO worth it.
The photos may be simple, but the flavor is beautifully complex. The indescribably not-chocolate flavor of carob + the always lovely vanilla + the so sweet dates + the background of coconut water. It’s dreamy and creamy and frothy and fruity. Poured over chilly cubes and topped with banana milk, it’s a sweet sip like no other!
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- Handful ice
- BANANA MILK
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup water
- Optional: 1/2 of a frozen banana for extra thickness
- FOR THE CAROB LATTE: Blend the carob, vanilla, coconut water, and dates on high until smooth.
- Fill your jar or glass with a handful of ice cubes. Pour the latte on top of the ice.
- Rinse the blender.
- FOR THE BANANA MILK: Blend the banana and water on high until smooth. Add a couple chunks of frozen banana if you want it thicker.
- Top off your jar/glass with banana milk. Add a straw. Sip, sip, sip!
I do realize that this is not technically a latte, but what else would I call it?