Nicecream is something I eat almost everyday but post about almost never. I just assume it’s old news at this point.
But I was really craving a big jar of mint chip chilliness so I just went ahead and filmed a recipe anyways. Sometimes seeing someone else make it can be a little reminder of a long forgotten favorite treat. So moral of the story–Mint Chocolate Chunk Nicecream is the bomb and if you haven’t had it in a while you should make some asap!
This version is special for one reason though–those chunks!
First of all chunks > chips, yes? Good.
But these chunks are actually homemade! Made from fruit. Very easy. Very healthy.
And no, of course I didn’t use homemade chunks because there were no actual chunks/chips in the house and the grocery store seems very far away when you are ice cream hungry. No that didn’t happen at all.
Exact amounts don’t make too much difference in a recipe like this, but please, be generous with the chunks. Chunks in every single bite. Nothing is worse than digging through the entire pint for the stingy 3 chunks that just have to be in there somewhere!
You could use actual chocolate chips or chunks or even cacao nibs instead, of course.
Mint nicecream + homemade fruit-based dark chocolate chunks for a low-fat chilly #vegan treat!Click To Tweet Print
- 4–5 frozen bananas
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp greens powder OR 1 handful of spinach (I used Philosophie Green Dream)
- 1–2 tbsps of non-dairy milk (or water)
- Homemade Chocolate Chunks ((or vegan chocolate chunks or cacao nibs)
- Make the chocolate bits if using. Set aside.
- Add the bananas, mint extract, non-dairy milk, and greens powder/spinach to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until you have creamy soft serve.
- Pulse or stir in the chocolate bits.
- Serve immediately.
>>> Click Below To Pin <<<