Maybe you know this, maybe you don’t, but I’ve been making recipe videos lately. Ever since I embarked on this raw till 4 thing, I’ve been cooking more savory meals, so of course I wanted to share them. Since savory meals aren’t my usual style, I decided to share them in a different medium: videos!
These recipes are more informal, with lots of options to make the ideas your own. They are always vegan, low in fat, and deliciously carb-filled. There is a link in the top menu bar to my Videos page, or you can subscribe to my Youtube channel. There’s the occasional sweet recipe video, and a few where I awkwardly chat about stuff, too. Just wanted to give you a heads-up so you’re not missing out on the savory cinematic goodness.
I’ve been obsessed with my LFRV Ranch Dressing for a while now. But recently I wanted to switch it up, so I came up with this LFRV Thousand Island Dressing.
This dressing has a lot going on: It’s acidic and a little tangy from the tomato and lemon. Subtly sweet from the dates. Crunchy from the celery and onion. And creamy from the cauliflower.
I think I have found my new go-to dressing. I was so in love with the taste, that I thought it deserved a video:
Oh, and this one is even non-vegan dad approved.Print
- 3–4 large Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 clove of garlic (optional)
- 5–6 pitted medjool dates
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsps finely diced celery
- 1 tbsp finely diced red onion
- Blend the tomatoes, cauliflower, garlic, dates, salt (if using), and water on high until very smooth. It’s pretty thick, so you can adjust the water to your desired consistency.
- Add the celery and red onion, and pulse or blend briefly to combine.
- Keep in the fridge.