The easiest 3 ingredient cookie you need in your healthy snack arsenal! These raw vegan cookies made with figs and chia seeds are sweet, simple, and high carb low fat.
This Fig and Chia Raw Vegan Cookies recipe has been staring me in the face and begging me to post it on the blog for a while. This was my first go to snack recipe when I started experimenting with raw food. This was also the first recipe that caused my Vitamix to overheat. I completely panicked, sure I had broken the thing, but it came back to life about an hour later (phew!). So I suggest a food processor for this one.
The figs on the tree in my yard are just beginning to ripen, so I’ve been enjoying a freshly picked fig or two each day (if I beat the squirrels). So with figs on my mind, I finally decided to post this recipe.
Fig & Chia Raw Vegan Cookies
These raw vegan cookies are a cinch to make with only 3 ingredients! . The combination of cinnamon and fig is one of my favorites, but the recipe is really versatile. In the past I’ve added all sorts of things to this recipe: shredded coconut, ginger, vanilla, cacao powder, raisins etc.
If you want to make these totally fat-free, then just leave out the chia seeds altogether. I add them for texture, crunch, and a little binding power, but you can still make scrumptious figgy cookies without them. Or replace them with your favorite seeds or nuts instead!
- 2 cups dried figs (black mission are my favorite)
- 2 tbsps chia seeds + more for sprinkling on top (I used white chia seeds)
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Remove the hard stems from the dried figs.
- Combine the dried figs, chia seeds, and cinnamon in a food processor. Process until it starts to clump together.
- Roll the dough into balls and flatten into cookies.
- Sprinkle the tops with chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before eating.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
Another easy no-bake fruity cookie recipe…Bejewled Maca Cookies
Or if you are a vanilla bean lover like me…3 Ingredient Vanilla Mulberry Cookies