My eBook is now available!!! Details, purchasing info, sneak peeks, and testimonials → HERE
Now onto the cones to hold all that ice cream…
If you give a mouse ice cream, then he’s going to want a cone. If you give a mouse raw ice cream, then he’ll probably ask for a raw cone. And if you give a mouse a whole book of raw ice cream recipes, then he’s definitely going to want a raw cone recipe. The same principle applies to raw vegans.
This recipe is essentially a simple date + oat cookie recipe that I rolled out super thin and wrapped around these strange little cone-shaped things I found in my kitchen cabinet. If you don’t have strange cone-shaped objects hiding in your kitchen, then use strange cone-shaped objects that may be hiding in you bathroom or bedroom or closet. If there are no cone-shaped objects to be found, then make cookie bowls instead.
Raw Ice Cream Cones
Makes 4-6 cones/bowls
2 cups raw rolled oats
2 cups pitted dates
2 tbsps water
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- Combine everything in the food processor until it forms a ball.
- Divide the dough into 5 balls. Roll out the each ball between 2 sheets of wax paper. Try to make it as thin as possible. Peel off both sheets of wax paper (it’s easier to peel the paper off the dough than the dough off the paper).
- Cut the dough into a circle using a knife or a very large cookie cutter.
- Wrap the dough around a cone-shaped mold, or shape it inside of a bowl. Repeat for the remaining dough balls. If you have a lot of scraps, combine them, and roll them out into a 6th cone/bowl.
- Dehydrate with the mold or bowl for 14-16 hours at 115 degrees. Halfway through you can remove the mold. They should be dry and no longer sticky.
And don’t forget to check out my eBook for even more banana ice cream!
hi, very nice blog! The link to download the e-book dpesn’t seem to work….
[email protected] says
Should be working now, sorry Stefan. Thanks for letting me know 🙂
Hi! This looks amazing! How do I dehydrate the cone? Do I need a dehydrator – is that what you used?
Yes I used a dehydrator for this one. You could try it in the oven on it’s lowest setting but I can’t guarantee it will work.
Brilliant!!! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for stopping by Helyn!
I really like this Recipe! ❤
I am so happy you enjoyed it Kath😊