I tried papaya for the first time, and promptly spit it out. Maybe it wasn’t ripe. I tried papaya for a second time, took one bite, and gave the rest to my sister’s horse (it’s good for horsey stomach ulcers apparently). Lots of people love papaya, so what am I doing wrong?
I did some research:
Tip 1: Apparently it’s better cold.
Tip 2: Supposedly it’s delicious with lime juice squeezed on top.
The second tip is what inspired this drink. I’d never heard of this papaya + lime combo, but it translates perfectly into sippable form. I still haven’t gotten up the courage to try another fresh papaya, but I absolutely love this Papaya Limeade Smoothie Float.
Papaya Lime Smoothie Float
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 -2 1x
- FOR THE LIMEADE:
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup coconut water (or plain water)
- FOR THE PAPAYA SMOOTHIE:
- 2 cups frozen papaya
- 1 banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (or water)
- FOR THE LIMEADE: Blend together the lime juice, lime zest, agave nectar, and coconut water. Taste it, and adjust the sweetness if needed. Refrigerate.
- FOR THE PAPAYA SMOOTHIE: Blend the frozen papaya, banana, and non-dairy milk until smooth.
- Divide the papaya smoothie between two large glasses.
- Pour the limeade on top, and add a couple of straws.
Thanks for sharing!