Dates are by far my favorite way to sweeten anything and everything! Blend ’em, stuff ’em, sneak ’em in under the guise of chocolate–anytime I can use those gooey sweet fruits instead of sugar I will. But I’m not the only one who loves creating date-sweetened treats, so I asked other bloggers to share their favorite recipes that use dates as the source of sweetness. And whoa do we have lots of creativity going on here!
From drinks to desserts, breakfasts to healthy on-the-go bites, and even a few sauces and spreads–this post is packed with a little bit of everything from slightly sweet to insanely decadent! All things date-sweet all in one place.
If you don’t have a pack of dates in your kitchen right now then hurry and go stock up because you are going to find something (or many things!) to crave, pin, and want to make ASAP! All of these fruit-sweetened recipes are vegan, many are gluten-free, and most are oil-free too.
1. Matcha Made in Heaven by Fried Dandelions
2. Majoon (Banana and Date) Smoothie by Ahead of Thyme
3. Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie by Veggie Inspired
4. Ingredient Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate by Pepper and Peaches
5. Date Sweetened Hazelnut Milk by Elephantastic Vegan
6. Green Power Smoothie by Green Evi
7. Chocolate Almond Chia Seed Smoothie by The Endless Meal
8. Plum Smoothie by The Veggie Sisters
9. Iced Carob Latte by Feasting on Fruit
10. Vegan Homemade Strawberry Milk by Veggies Don’t Bite
11. Cardamom Ginger Millet Bowls by Chronicles of Passion
12. Oil-Free Cinnamon Rolls by Feasting on Fruit
13. Green Chia Pudding by Veggies Save the Day
14. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes by Phruitful Dish
15. Chocolate Banana Avocado Smoothie Bowl by Emilie Eats
16. Carrot Cake Overnight Oats by Veganosity
17. Vanilla Date Breakfast Bars by Feasting on Fruit
18. Going Green Smoothie by A Virtual Vegan
19. Morning Glory Breakfast Muffins by Natural Girl Modern World
20. Magic Porridge Pot by Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen
21. Caramel Apple Swirl Bars by Healthy Helper
22. Tahini Date Raw Snack Balls by Contentedness Cooking
23. Dark Chocolate Orange Rawnola by Vanilla Crunnch
24. Flax Pudding by Win-Win Food
25. Chewy Chocolate Goji Granola Bars by Fresh Off The Grid
26. Gingerbread Granola by Rainbow Nourishments
27. Lemon Millet Bliss Balls by Feasting on Fruit
28. How To Make Granola Bars (just 4 ingredients!) by It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
29. Ginger Berry Energy Balls by Fit Mitten Kitchen
30. Date-Sweetened Nutty Apple Granola by The Conscientious Eater
31. The Best Little Snack Cookies To Nibble by Healthy Happy Life
32. Girls Night Cookies by Hungry Haley
33. Gingerbread Avocado Mousse by Vegan Heaven
34. Dark Chocolate Covered Dates Stuffed with Orange Coconut Cream by Vegetarian Gastronomy
35. Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Feasting on Fruit
36. Crustless No Bake Rutabaga (Swede) Pie by Vegan Lovlie
37. No Churn Dairy-Free Almond Butter Ice Cream by Unconventional Baker
38. Save The Date Squares by Ashley Madden
39. Raw Apple and Blueberry Tarts by Rainbow Nourishments
40. No Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies by Vegan Sandra
41. Vegan White Mulberry Pecan Blondies by Fragrant Vanilla Cake
42. Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Bars by Emilie Eats
43. 5 Ingredient Vegan Turtle Truffles by Veganosity
44. Fruit-Sweetened Pumpkin Pie by Feasting on Fruit
45. Flourless Black Bean Brownies by Chronicles of Passion
46. 5 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies by Carob Cherub
47. Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Craving Nature
48. Raw Goji Cardamom Rose Truffles by Oh Holy Basil
49. Raw Pecan Pie Tartlets by My Darling Vegan
50. Healthy Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes by Feasting on Fruit
51. Chocolate Orange Protein Brownies by Food Porn Vegan Style
52. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls by Veggies Don’t Bite
53. No Bake Peach Raspberry Crumble by Fitting Into Vegan
54. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies by Fit Mitten Kitchen
55. Vanilla Pretzel Fig Bars by Feasting on Fruit
56. 3 Ingredient HCLF Vegan Fudgsicle Bites by Healthy Helper
57. Snickerdoodle Blizzard by Feasting on Fruit
58. Raw Vegan Fudge Truffles by Well and Full
59. Crazy Fruity Carob Pudding Cake by Unconventional Baker
60. Homemade Teriyaki Sauce by Veggie Primer
61. Slow Cooker Salted Date Caramel Apple Butter by Yup It’s Vegan
62. Oil Free French Dressing by Veggie Primer
63. 5 Minute Health(ier) Brownie Batter Dip by Craving Nature
64. Date-Sweetened Homemade BBQ Sauce by Glue and Glitter
65. Fruit-Sweetened Roasted Balsamic Strawberries by Feasting on FruitThe Ultimate #Vegan Date-Sweetened Roundup! 65 recipes: snacks, desserts, smoothies, more...Click To Tweet
Evi @ greenevi says
Wow, what an amazing collection of date recipes!
I love every single recipe here!
Thanks for including my recipe too 🙂
Thank YOU Evi! I was amazed by how many there were too!
Linda @ Veganosity says
You’ve outdone yourself with this gorgeous roundup, my friend. So many delicious recipes! Thank you for including my recipes. I’m flattered. 🙂
I had such a hard time deciding between the ones you submitted, they all looked amazing! Thank you so much Linda 🙂
Thank you for including my BBQ sauce among so many awesome date-sweetened recipes!
Thank you for contributing Becky! I appreciate you helping balance out all the desserts in there 😀
Woaaaah!! Best round-up ever, Natalie! Who knew there would be so many awesome date-sweetened recipes out there <3 Thanks for compiling them all in one gorgeous post & thanks for including my hazelnut milk ^.^
Thank girl! I was totally shocked too, and this was even after cutting it down 😮 So many great recipes, thank you so much for contributing and sharing 🙂
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
I had a PRUNE recipe I could have given you 😉 Do they count? Kinda date-ish hahahaha! One day!
Dates make me think of a romantic dinner. It obviously is coming from the word “date” but that’s why I always picture in my mind. Like the whole Lady and the Tramp scene 😛
You know the company Date Lady? They should rename that of make YOU the date lady woman!
Hahahaha prunes are kinda like the next closest thing! If you like prunes than you have to like dates, they are like the sweeter cousin. The name is a little strange :/ Like really don’t we already have enough conflicting meanings of that word? How about we tie it altogether and redo the Lady and the Tramp scene with zoodle pasta and date-sweetened teriyaki 😉 Haha! And yes I really want to try some of their products but I’ve never been able to find them…they should sponsor me, that’d be even better!
Oh and as soon as you make something date-sweetened I’ll add it and it can be lucky number 66 🙂
Kaila @ Healthy Helper says
Pretty sure this is the BEST THING EVER. I LOOOOOOOVE fruit sweetened desserts and you have the BEST OF THE BEST here. I can’t wait to try EVERYTHING. I have my eye on your blizzard! 😉 Thank you so much for including my recipes!
There were so many amazing ones it was incredibly hard to cut it down so it still ended up a little lengthy lol! Thanks for helping me with the title though and even more for your AMAZING recipes <3 Okay now off to bake some sweet potatoes 😉
Oh, Natalie, what an awesome roundup! So many fantastic recipes packed in one post!
Thank you so much for including our plum smoothie!
Kisses from Greece!
Thank YOU so very much for you contribution!
Trinity Bourne says
Wooohoo! I can hardly believe this amazing list of everything DATES! Heaven.
I was totally blown away by all the creativity here!
This is the ultimate collection, Natalie! Dates are such a magical ingredient, they make everything so carameley and sweet and fudgy and AWESOME <3 Thanks for including my flax pudding 🙂
They are magical, so many uses for them! Thank you so much for being a part of this post Lucie 🙂
Oh my golly Natalie! Look at this incredible round up. Thank you so much for including a couple of my recipes, and more than that for your hard work in preparing such a great resource! Love it!
Thank you so much for letting me use some of yours Laura! I hope it will be a delicious fruity-sweet resource 🙂
So yummy!!! Thanks for including my smoothie! Love all of these!
Thank you for being a part of it Jenn 🙂
Sophia @Veggies Don't Bite says
Thanks for including my milk AND cookies!! Get it, LOL!! What a fabulous round up this is. I’m all about dates sweetening things for a healthy treat and this is the perfect place to go!
I knew you’d have lots of great recipes for this one! I had trouble choosing between yours, those cupcakes looked pretty spectacular too! Thanks for being a part of it Sophia 🙂
Anjali @ Vegetarian Gastronomy says
What a great roundup Natalie!! So many awesome recipes sweetened with dates. And thank you for including my recipe! I already bookmakred a few from this post!
Thank you for being a part of it Anjali and for sharing 🙂
Sina @ Vegan Heaven says
Wow! What a great collection, Natalie! Thanks for including my chocolate mousse. Sharing! 🙂
Of course! There was another mousse submitted, but between plain chocolate and chocolate GINGERBREAD I had to go gingerbread of course!!! That recipe looks so insanely good <3 Thanks for sharing Sina!
The Vegan 8 says
Now this is an amazing, massive collection Natalie! Great idea too because I’ve never seen a date-sweetened roundup before! So many amazing ideas and clever uses for dates. You are one of the most creative people out there with your use of dates!
I’ve never seen one either, but wow are there a lot of great recipes out there using them! I was totally shocked by the response I got on this one. Now if only we could find a way to turn you into a date fan 😀 Thanks Brandi!
Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen says
Wow this is an incredible list of recipes here! Thanks so much for including my cookies and energy balls. I actually just ran out of my energy balls and bought a fresh bag of dates. I’ll have to look through this list here and see what I want to make next! Pinned 🙂
Thank you so much for being a part of it Ashley! I just stocked up on dates too, I have about 27 things I want to try right now 🙂
WOW! SO many drool worthy, date-sweetened treats! Yummy! And so many of yours that I still need to try. What a wonderful roundup and great idea, Natalie!
I know, I have way too many things I want to try now after putting this together! It’s kinda crazy to believe that just a year ago I didn’t even like dates haha 😀
audrey @ unconventional baker says
Holy cow. I think this roundup definitely needs to come with a sampling platter! Where on earth would one begin?! :O Beautiful collection <3
Would’t that be fun! I’m imagining the all date-sweetened bakery now 🙂
Haley Hansen says
Thank you so much for including my recipe here!
I can’t decide which recipe to try first – they all sound so so so yummy!